Sr Software Dev Engineer at Expedia Group
Do you have a passion for powering Expedia Group's travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale?
Are you passionate about solving hard technical problems and learning new technologies? Do you aspire to build a robust, well-designed and well-engineered financial platform?
Expedia Group’s purpose is to bring the world within reach. We're looking for a highly capable, passionate, motivated Software Development Engineer to join us in building our financial systems platform.
What you'll do:
• You will play a senior role in the analysis, design and development of cloud applications and services within AWS platform, for supporting our EBS space with a primary focus on solutions for financial events.
• Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process.
• Mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards.
• Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
• Partner with neighboring teams in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable solutions.
• Serve as a technical expert within the organization.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years of experience in enterprise software development with 3+ years' experience in building services and applications in AWS cloud platform
• Java programmer, preferably in developing web services using frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot etc. with strong experience in RDBMS, SQL tuning and high-volume data processing
• Strong working knowledge of ERP technologies and Financials concepts, specifically highly complex global solutions.
• Experience delivering data solutions in the cloud including Amazon AWS and related data technologies, services and third-party tools
• Strong skills in Oracle EBS technologies including SQL, PLSQL, Forms/Reports, WebADI, Unix, and SQL tuning and high-volume data processing
• Knowledge in data architecture patterns including modeling, metadata management, streams, persistence, enrichment and access
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.