Sr. Software Development Engineer, DevOps
Smartsheet is looking for our next Sr. Software Development Engineer, DevOps to join the quickly growing Observability Team in Bellevue. Our team is building the tools and systems to ensure the Smartsheet platform can be “driven” at scale and provide critical data to enable evidence-based engineering. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based out of Bellevue, WA.
- Design, build, and operate systems to improve the observability of the Smartsheet Platform.
- Work with internal customers (Development and SRE) to identify gaps and high-impact improvements to the observability of the Smartsheet Platform.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept through deployment and operations.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience designing, building, and operating highly-scalable, high-availability services.
- Ability to reason about the correctness and failure scenarios of distributed systems.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing and implementing microservices in Java.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience designing and implementing real-time telemetry extraction, capture, and analysis systems.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating real-time, event-driven, streaming architectures.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting or automation language/system (i.e., Python, Ruby, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Experience developing and administering within a Linux environment.
About Smartsheet: In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.