Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test - Tools and Automation
In this role, you will be responsible for building test tools and infrastructure used by multiple teams to ensure world class quality of Avalara products. You will be working closely with developer and SDET teams on a day to day basis. You will be contributing to five nine’s reliability and ease of use.
- Responsible for building test infrastructure and tools on AWS.
- Work closely with Developer and SDET teams to gather requirements.
- Design and build tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Design and build tools for performance and load testing and generate reports.
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture.
- Work closely with the Operations team to come up with plans for deployment and provide all the support needed for uptime.
- Work with other members of the team to create code coverage reports.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience designing and creating tools and frameworks
- Strong coding skills with experience in object oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience working on RESTful web services
- Experience using Github and Jenkins (or similar)
- A strong background with SQL
- A strong background with building CI\CD pipeline using AWS (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A strong background with Terraform
- A strong background with Jenkins (or similar)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.