Sr. Software Development Engineer
Expedia revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a talented and driven team from all over the world – with 22,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
Expedia Group People Technology Team is looking for a Sr. ServiceNow Development Engineer to support Expedia Group’s Human Resources HR platform As a Sr. Engineer, you will play a significant role in partnering with us in re-imagining and operationalizing the HR ServiceNow architecture and be part of the team that provides amazing employee experiences. In this adventure, you will re-architect, simplify, develop, configure and continuously improve the HR platform for all brands across the organization.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will apply your extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform to help further our mission. Specifically, you will
- Partner, influence, and collaborate extensively with customers, product managers and engineers to turn broad requirements into working features.
- Oversee the architecture for the HR ServiceNow Platform.
- Apply configuration management principles and best practices to aspects of ServiceNow HR Scoped applications.
- With an eye on automation, enhance, maintain, develop and configure features for the HR ServiceNow platform including HR Scoped applications and Service Portal enhancements.
- Own, maintain and enhance bi-directional integrations of ServiceNow with other tools (such as Workday etc.)
- Own the technical approach and lead the execution of platform upgrade initiatives as it relates to ServiceNow.
- Leverage the Performance Analytics tool to develop and support Analytics and Reporting needs of the business community.
Who you are:
Then Expedia Group People Technology team is looking for you, if you check the box on the items below:
- Working knowledge of the Agile/Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience working on cloud SAAS technology
- Working knowledge of DevOps best practices
- Expert level Knowledge of ServiceNow best practices
- Previous experience in provisioning, configuring, integrating and deploying various applications across ServiceNow platform.
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members
- Strong communication and written skills
And if you have experience with the following, then even better:
- Performance Analytics
- Angular, Boostrap, Mobile UI
- Experience in building Custom Applications
- Test automation (Automated Test Framework, CapIO, Nightwatch.js)
- Full stack experience
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.