Sr Software Development Engineer at Expedia Group
Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and test automation? Are you passionate about Cloud Computing, ML and technologies needed to drive security and fraud prevention? Do you love building creative, highly scalable and reliable technologies?
Expedia's Enterprise Risk & Security Modeling Team is searching for a top-notch Sr Software Development Engineer who will deliver on key initiatives, starting from the idea phase all the way through requirements definition, analysis, technical specifications, development and product delivery. This is a highly visible role that requires an understanding of our large, complex technical environment and the ability to build simple, elegant technical solutions.
Who you are:
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and analytical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to shape a new business and build solutions to meaningful problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you! You are not only a skilled programmer but also a leader and mentor, capable of raising the quality bar and overall level of Engineering Excellence within the team. You are a domain expert and a technical leader in cross-team feature delivery. You lead by example when called upon for production support.
- 5-7 years of industry experience with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Experience leading architecture definition for and development of complex software engineering projects
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Scala, Python etc.)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team
- Good interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience building, deploying and operating production systems with AWS technologies – e.g. EC2, EMR, SageMaker, etc.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to solve complex problems
- Translate business requirement into technical design and implementation details and present technical issues and their impact to management
- Own software architect of systems and be vigilant in technology changes
- Advocate for Engineering Excellence
- Mentor and grow Junior developers
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-PP1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.