Sr. Software Development Engineer at Expedia Group
Do you want to transform the experience of millions of travelers the world over? Do you love working with a creative engineering team in building an intelligent, scalable and personalized travel assistance platform? Do you want to work with state of the art technologies such as real-time streaming, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning?
Our goal is to build the best conversational bot platform that can meet customers on any channel (social, sms, web, or voice), use AI/ML to understand/anticipate their needs and deliver unparalleled service.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you propose, prototype, design and implement various core components of the bot platform in collaboration with teams world over. As a senior member of the team, you will provide the thought leadership and technical expertise needed to overcome hard problems. By now, you would have built and supported critical components of products/platforms at scale.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, and develop new platform services to build our technology platform.
- Own and deliver tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed messaging environment.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Contribute to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
Technologies we use:
- Java, AWS, Kafka, GraphQL, Node.js, Kotlin, React, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Docker, Dropwizard, Data Dog, Looker.
Who are you:
- 7+ years of experience leading technical designs, mentoring developers and helping to drive engineering maturity.
- Problem solver and an excellent coder with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, distributed applications, and data modeling.
- Passionate about quality of work, you are persistent and uncompromising.
- Builder of AI/ML models for recommendation engines, you have shown interest in creating applications that use AI/ML.
- Experienced in solving distributed computing problems, you have worked with on real time streaming, distributed messaging platforms and have helped operationalize it.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.