Sr. Software Development Engineer at RealSelf
About the role:
We’re seeking an experienced Software Developer to help us make stronger connections between our customers and doctors through our platform. At over 10 million unique visitors a month, individuals use RealSelf to seek advice when looking to improve their face, body or smile, and get connected to doctors around the U.S. who can provide answers, consultations, and minimally invasive or invasive services. Our Software Developers are the backbone of the organization, providing real-time value to users by consistently and rapidly shipping high-quality tests and features to our site and app. This person would collaborate daily with a team of other Software Developers and other product-focused contributors.
Our engineering team, known for having a “test fast, learn fast” customer-oriented environment is growing quickly, and with that growth comes lots of opportunity for advancement and the ability to have significant impact on the organization. If this opportunity sounds like a challenge you’re ready to tackle, come help us build a more rich and delightful experience for millions of consumers.
You may be the right fit if you:
- Have a strong desire to use your technical and professional skills to solve customer problems.
- Create innovative solutions without over-engineering.
- Comfortable command of a major programming language (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Python, Java).
- Have experience with Relational or NoSql databases.
- Have experience working on a web application or other complex multi-server, multi-service system.
- Have experience with Docker, AWS technologies, MySQL or ElasticSearch, which would help you hit the ground running. RealSelf uses other languages and technologies, however, and we are always looking for the best tool to help us deliver value quickly.
- Have a sense of responsibility for sharing in the monitoring and maintenance of a production environment.
- Enjoy working closely with a team while taking ownership for your role and responsibilities.
- Get excited by learning new data, technologies or hypotheses and applying them to give your customers a better experience.
- Communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcomes for your team and our users, with minimal guidance from supervisors.
- You take time to listen to others and understand their meaning before replying.
Work Environment: The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work! Telecommute option dependent on job function at discretion of the manager.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.