Sr. Software Engineer, Android at Hiya, Inc.
We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, that the phone network is the largest social network in the world and it lacks a trust and engagement layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the phone call experience. We already serve nearly 100M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with mobile device makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to help us get the next 900M users?
We are hiring an experienced Android developer to help us develop global solutions for partners such as Samsung, AT&T, and other OEMs and Carriers to help combat robocalls and fraud calls, make it easier for business to talk with their customers, and for mobile users to reach the businesses they want to talk to.
Hiya's Partner Apps products impact on the lives of tens of nearly 100M people worldwide. Join us to be a part of this fast-growing startup and make a difference in people’s phone experience.
As a Senior Software Developer for Partner Apps team, you'll:
- Design, architect and build applications (full apps, headless apps, pre-loaded apps) for Android in Kotlin and Java.
- Collaborate with different teams such as Product Management, UI/UX, and Service teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Ensure the software is implemented with performance, quality, and responsiveness in mind.
- Work with OEM Partners (mobile manufacturers) to integrate our application at the OS level.
- Participate in product ideation, planning, and experimentation.
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we think these are important requirements for this role:
- You have experience in Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit and other modern Android development frameworks (such as LiveData, Room, etc)
- You have experience in working in/with the telecommunication industry.
- You have experience or want to learn about working with AOSP (Android Open Source Project).
- You have experience in building or using an Android SDK.
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion and we desire to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It's our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively in the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
This position is based in Seattle on our beautiful waterfront office, right next to Pike Place Market (it doesn't get more iconic than this).
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status