Sr Software Engineer - API Platform at Algorithmia
- Lead the efforts in building out a new API gateway for Algorithmia
- Take up our mission to make state-of-the-art AI and ML effortlessly scalable (& cost effective!) for Fortune 500 and government customers everywhere
- Experience rapid growth in the first AI startup to be funded by Google
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90,000 developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
We are looking for a software engineer with expertise building high-availability, high-throughput REST APIs to join our team and take ownership of our core interface: the Algorithmia REST API. This is an opportunity to shape a product used by thousands of data scientists and developers around the globe, and your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our engineering leadership to plan and execute on a new API gateway layer for our product.
- Owning technical direction for our API architecture.
- Revamping and setting standards for our API documentation.
- Working with internal service teams to expose new public-facing APIs.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you possess:
- Proven expertise in architecting and implementing REST APIs for enterprise software products.
- Experience testing systems that take dependencies on external systems.
- Experience building and maintaining high-availability, high-throughput web services.
- Experience integrating industry-standard authorization protocols such as OAuth 2.0.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a love for writing clear, well-structured documentation.
- Ability to understand and author documentation using the OpenAPI 3.0 format.
Sound like a fit? Apply below–we're excited to meet you!
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW, or learn more at algorithmia.com