Sr. Software Engineer - Front End at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Sr. Front End Software Engineer you will be a member of our Global Cloud Services organization. In this challenging role, you will have the opportunity to build next generation customer facing cloud monitoring tools. You will also work cross functionally with multiple teams on the design, architecture and implementation of our monitoring platform that enables self-service monitoring for our customers.
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years of software development industry experience
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Able to mentor junior engineers
- Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, REST, High charts and associated frameworks
- Work with Product manager and design the features technically.
- Responsible for end-to-end feature release process.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and able to run the sprint and create stories
- Understanding of dependency injection, unit-testing principles and functional programming paradigm
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Deep understanding of design patterns
- Review the code and suggest optimal coding standards and code reusability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Development experiences on ServiceNow Platform is a big plus but not needed.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550 , or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.