Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack - Big Data at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
You will be part of the ServiceNow Cloud Services Big Data Team. The Big Data team is building the next-generation platform that collects, stores and provides real-time access to large amounts of data.
You will also build real-time analytic tools and reporting capabilities for various purposes including:
- Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics
What you get to do in this role:
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Senior Engineer role where you will;
- Build the next-generation libraries, APIs and data pipelines
- Develop data engineering components and applications and entities to empower self-serve for big data products
- Lead complex and technically challenging projects from concept to completion
- Assist in developing UI components to enhance our in-house visualization tools
To be successful in this role you have:
- Ability to produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Familiarity with backend Restful API development, preferable in Java
- Solid background in complicated SQL & data analysis
- Experience with streaming architectures, e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, or similar.
- Background with Hadoop Ecosystem, e.g, Hive, Spark, HDFS
- Zeal for learning and adopting new ideas and patterns
- 6+ years of software development experience & strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.