Sr Software Engineer - ServiceNow Marketplace at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
As a member of the ServiceNow Marketplace team you will be at the forefront of bringing apps to ServiceNow customers. We work in a high visibility environment where your work will have impact both with customers, and business teams across ServiceNow making this an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to demonstrate their skills.
What you get to do in this role:
- Engage with product teams at a strategic level to frame what we need to build and how to get there
- Collaborate with user researchers to define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users' goals and needs
- Coordinate and integrate the work of fellow designers for a seamless and unified experience
- Drive planning and executing usability testing to validate design
- Deliver amazing product that delights our customers and end users
- Work directly with our customers to solve real challenges they face and deliver real value
- Collaborate with an experienced engineering team that learns from one another and drives each other to succeed
- Learn new technologies and develop skills working with the ServiceNow platform
To be successful in this role you have:
- 4+ years of experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining frontend architectures
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions
- Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data
- Experience working in an iterative and agile development environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- High level of initiative and a "make it work" ethos to successfully bring a product design from conception to launch with minimal supervision
- Expertise in one or more of the following enterprise product spaces: IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM), or Finance & Legal
- Experience in creating content and/or designing with compliance to WCAG 2.0/2.1 AA guidelines
- Experience or familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Auth Services: Auth0, Okta, OneLogin
- UI Component libraries: Material UI
- CSS-in-JS patterns: JSS, CSS modules
- Analytics tools: Segment, Google Analytics, Tag Manag
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.