We are so excited to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's great to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer and Tech Lead who loves solving problems and developing solutions that delight our customers. In this role you will be an individual contributor and provide technical leadership as a full stack software engineer. As well as being a strong individual contributor, you will mentor people on the team through system designs, coordination, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
As a member of our new product (Screening) team, you have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference for our customers by working on a new, developing product. You will be responsible for contributing to the design work, development and maintenance of this new product. This position has the opportunity to be remote full time, hybrid work from home / in office, or mostly office-based, and will report directly to the Software Engineering Manager. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Product and Engineering teams together consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry.
Our product covers a large surface - powering marketing automation, omni channel communications, AI bots, sales and renewal CRM, agent and self-guided touring, tenant screening, advanced business intelligence capabilities, and much more. We utilize an agile development process, and lean heavily on best practices around PR FAQ’s, PRD, UX research and usability testing, SDLC, etc. all to ensure we are maximizing product fit and execution.
Our Tech Stack
Testing Frameworks: Jest, PyTest, CircleCI
Databases and Streams: Kafka, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
Development/Deployment Tools: GitHub, Jira, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, Serverless, Docker, Prettier, Greenkeeper
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Twilio, Mailgun, Google Cloud Platform
AWS Tools: Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, RDS, API Gateway, ElasticCache
Monitoring: New Relic APM, New Relic Insights, CloudWatch, Splunk
Day to Day
- Lead Screening team projects, and own all technical aspects from start to finish: requirements, design, implementation, testing and monitoring
- Lead: Mentor and support engineers
- Requirements: Work closely with product to help shape and understand product requirements
- Design: Develop the high level design for Screening team projects by drafting designs and facilitating design reviews
- Implementation: Contribute as an individual contributor to a culture of technical excellence across the engineering team
- Validation: Test and monitor new and existing products
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- Experience with automated testing
- Ability to be adaptable and quickly pick up new things/skills
- Desired personal attributes: Curiosity, problem solving, collaborative, openness (you give and take constructive feedback), high attention to detail and a sense of quality.
- Exposure or liaison to a nearshore team
- Experience with databases
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Flexible work options - choose to be a HQ, Hybrid or Remote employee with various benefits.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with company match to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (virtually & in-person) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm focused on the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the awesome #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
2021 Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work
2021 Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Companies to Work
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily®
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women
Knock is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.