Sr. Software Engineer - Web Platform
Be part of a newly formed team that will have an impact across the entire Avalara product line!
We need a talented Software Engineer to join us. Is that you?
You’re passionate about the art and science of development. You embrace creative thinking and are excited to solve challenges faced by multiple teams. You will also have excellent cross-functional interaction and communication skills, a talent for designing APIs, and a positive get-it-done attitude.
- Demonstrate high-quality software engineering practices.
- Work effectively as a member of the team.
- Manage workload professionally.
- Building shared components
- Gulp, Grunt, Ember CLI, Webpack or similar
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Good coding habits! It's a #NoHackZone
- AWS experience a plus
- Shared UI component development a big plus
- Advanced browser technologies like ServiceWorker, Web Push, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years shipping quality code
- Experience developing service and/or component APIs
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.