Sr Software Engineer
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love working on creative, highly-scalable Microservices and Web Applications? Does working for a global and dynamic engineering organization energize you?
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Expedia Cars Team, you will work with a dynamic group of product managers and engineers to deliver a sophisticated, next-generation customer service platform at enterprise scale. You will provide insight and hand’s on engineering as we build an innovative suite of products and services, integrating seamlessly within our broad ecosystem.
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team which is using the latest technology to enable an effortless customer experience across platforms.
With the goal of helping people go places, the Expedia Cars Team is dedicated to building the best car rental experience which enables millions of our customers to get the best value car. As a Senior Software Engineer on this team you will work on multiple initiatives, participate and develop small to large projects from conception to release. The position focuses on not only developing the right solutions but also on being a role model and a mentor to fellow engineers.
You have strong analytical and solving problems skills, fluency in coding and systems design. You possess tried interpersonal skills and a dream to pursue the complex problems of scale. If you are that experienced Software Engineer who has a real passion for solving hard problems and coming up with creative solutions for our architecture, we want to connect with you. Bring your creativity, break-it mentality, strong communication skills, and desire to be the best, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in on-line travel.
- Drive architectural decisions, lead the design, implementation and quality aspects of all the features being delivered that support key Expedia initiatives.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Mentor and guide the team members.
- Clearly describe technical requirements and implementation details based on an understanding of business requirements.
- Provide code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other talented developers both local and in various remote Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure product quality.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- 6+ years of experience in software development with shipping large, multi-functional projects in a high performance, scalable global internet service environment.
- Experience with AWS cloud, Redshift and Apache Spark is a plus.
- A consistent record of delivering and operating large-sized internet-scale software systems.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java/C#/C++ and its associated technology stacks. Experience building web services with these platforms desired.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service-oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems.
- Experience in agile/scrum teams, and a history of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Deep understanding of the software development process, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.