Sr. Software Engineer
As a small team, we need a full-stack developer that is well-versed in server side and data driven systems. This includes developing REST based APIs, implementing complex custom business rules and implementing complex domains into data driven infrastructures. We need a problem solver, more than just a coder, to help us leverage an existing code base while moving toward a future architecture leveraging modern development technologies such as Serverless Infrastructure and .Net Core. If you like a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to help shape a product, its architecture, as well as development standards and processes, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
- Be a key contributor in a new platform group making a huge impact in a dynamic industry
- Work smart and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Participate on a DevOps / agile team – full lifecycle and full stack – including design, development, testing, planning, and backlog grooming
- Develop new implementations of data driven technology stacks
- Design and Develop REST API’s for internal and external consumption
- Develop and maintain related application code – full stack development
- Work with product owner to define and implement user stories
- Develop unit tests to run in a continuous integration environment
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.