Sr Staff Software Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are looking for a highly seasoned Front End Engineer to join our UI Builder team co-located in Chicago and San Diego. Where we do have offices in both locations we are also open to remote talent. This is a great opportunity to come be a part of a growing team that delivers modern UI supporting workflows that connect people, functions, and systems with the platform-of-platforms for digital business. UI Builder is a web based user interface designer. Our customers use UI Builder to build pages for workspaces and portals supporting out of the box experiences for ServiceNow products and custom experiences created through App Engine Studio and the platform.
As a Senior Staff Front End UI Engineer you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the Web Interfaces Engineering group. We’re looking for team-oriented problem solvers, possessing excellent communication skills, and are experienced in modern UI architecture. You have ideally developed scalable solutions with a mindset for performance, usability and extensibility. You think about supporting internal and external customers with reliable quality capabilities that enable them to build world class modern UI experiences. You will play a lead role and heavily involved in architecture and design while remaining hands on in a coding capacity 30-40%.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Implement software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
To be successful in this role you have:
- Advanced knowledge with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Experience with any of the modern UI frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Advanced knowledge experience working with relational databases including development, troubleshooting and performance optimization.
- Experience with multiple technology stacks: Cloud Dev, Platforms, Web Dev, Frameworks or service–oriented architecture
- Capability to manage multiple projects with material technical risk across teams and processes; may serve as a functional lead or technical owner
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.