This position reports to: Manager, Lab Hosting Operations
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying and addressing issues escalated, toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems administration and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving processes.
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model.
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders.
- Identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for improved efficiency.
What you get to do in this role:
The Lab Hosting Services team runs the environment where next becomes Now. We are the tip of the spear for the Service Engineering organization that designs, builds and operates the ServiceNow cloud platform across our global data center infrastructure. Our team works integrally with network, hardware, systems, automation and software engineering teams throughout the company, pushing the envelope of cloud computing. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to work in technically complex and ambiguous environments, challenge status quo and use our own product in innovative ways. Our job is thinking outside the box to help our customers deliver the next generation of cloud platform excellence.
To be successful in this role:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration, understanding of the components of cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Solid administration background in Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS), HPUX, Cisco UCS and Windows server platforms
- Experience with VM management, vCenter, ESXi
- Expert in services troubleshooting internet services (DNS, DHCP, Mail) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack
- Familiarity with database (MySQL, Oracle, or similar technologies) and networking routing, switching and load balancing
- 2+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) across Windows and/or Linux
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking.
- Azure Web Apps: developing, deploying, debugging and supporting web applications using .NET, Java, PHP, Python, Node.js etc. on Windows or Linux.
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) highly desired
- Experience with ServiceNow platform a plus
- ITIL v3 foundations certification preferred
- Hands on experience with server/network hardware in a data center environment a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.