Sr. Unity Engineer at DoubleDown Interactive LLC
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are seeking an experienced Unity Developer to join our rapidly expanding games studio to help build new mobile apps across multiple platforms. We need a passionate game Developer that leverages new technologies focused on creating compelling mobile games.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Unity experience as part of a team with multiple engineers and artists.
- Shipped at least one Unity game in the App Store, or Google Play preferably both
- Strong OOP skills and proficiency with C#
- Experience with multiple mobile SDK’s and comfortable working across platforms
- Ability to develop compelling user experiences in a mobile environment
- Knowledge of multiple mobile languages and ability to ramp up on new languages
Other cards you might be holding
- Proficiency with Android SDK
- Knowledge of multiple languages including C++, Java
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Augment our app with new games and features to delight our users
- Optimize and streamline existing content to keep our app running smooth
- Help evolve our codebase by engaging with other engineers in architecture discussions
- Use your experience to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard of quality
Hitting the jackpot
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery and technical design of game features and content using Unity as the game engine. You will work closely with game designers, producers and artists to create entertaining mobile experiences. You will also maintain code quality across multiple mobile game development environments and mentor other developers and be able to assist in multiple code bases.
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over a video game, ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to our kitchen or coffee bar fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason why we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer; we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.