Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
In Digital Evidence Management System team (DEMS), we are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We manage tens of petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world. Our case management tool enables law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, and defenders to easily and confidentially disclose case related documents and efficiently process criminal trials. If you enjoy working on large-scale projects and collaboratively leading the technical direction of a team, this role is for you.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
You are a Staff Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend technologies. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Deep skill in driving technical solutions across multiple teams
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Strong experience with database, especially SQL and Cassandra
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
- Interest in managing a small team of developers
Compensation and Benefits
- Award-winning office and working environment with the newest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Discretionary PTO
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.