We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
Your ImpactYou are a Staff Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend technologies and platforms. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based services and the engineering organizations that build them. You can instill new ideas into our engineering architecture and organization to help lead us into the next phase of scale and growth of our DEMs platform.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Mentor engineers
- Work across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to solve some of our biggest technical challenges within our stack for our customers
- Improve our Engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning and stand-ups
- Build services that adhere to our high bar on availability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Work with the latest open source technologies
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Deep skill in driving technical solutions across multiple teams
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Strong experience with database, especially SQL and Cassandra
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems and platforms
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable code for backend microservices
- Interest in helping to set the technical and organizational direction for a growing engineering team across multiple global locations
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...