Staff DevOps Engineer at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an Staff DevOps Engineer for our Site Reliability Engineering team. Reliability is central to OfferUp’s mission and our promise to customers. The Foundations group engages with software development teams to improve the reliability, operability, and visibility into the health of OfferUp software. The Staff DevOps Engineer will provide R&D for the entire technology org for new technologies and methods to solve technology problems, meet our future goals and over the last line of defense in supporting the live site.
OfferUp has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with engineering leadership to build out SRE as a coordinated function and company-wide organization. As such, in addition to owning a significant scope in its own right, this role will have an outsized influence on the development of our SRE culture, processes and engagement model.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You'll develop and foster a healthy and collaborative culture for the Reliability organization that embodies both industry best practices and OfferUp's values
- You'll ensure your team delivers the extraordinary output and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You'll set the direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Researching new technologies and solutions for the future of OfferUp
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of management experience leading a Site Reliability/Production Engineering team for multiple years
- Experience in internet-scale user-path systems
- Experience in managing services where durability is as important as availability is preferred
- Experience in large online companies
- Multi-cloud provider experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.