Staff Hardware Architect at ServiceNow
Job Title: Staff Hardware Architect
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Hardware Engineering Team works with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. We are a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
As a Staff Hardware Architect you will directly report to the Hardware Engineering Manager, working on projects that shape the hardware underpinning ServiceNow’s global cloud. The server and storage solutions you design will power all of our services, from large-scale application and database server deployments to specialty services such as machine learning.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive hardware enhancements from original concept through final implementation across all system architectures and assess impact to performance and capacity.
- Evaluate and test new products, frequently prior to general availability, identifying root cause issues through testing and making sound recommendations to resolve issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new software platform enhancements on the hardware stack.
- Identify novel hardware/software technologies and architectures and benchmark potential changes to prove your theories.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years evaluating, cost-modeling and implementing new datacenter technologies. This includes managing multi-vendor RFP’s.
- 10+ years profiling and evaluating Linux and database performance.
- 5+ years experience with with diverse HA storage solutions (SAN, FC, iSCSI). Experience with NVMeoF and/or Object desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects.
- Excellent communication & customer skills, conflict management, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Bachelor or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field. Masters preferred.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.