Staff Hardware Architect at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Hardware Engineering Team works with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. We are a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
As a Staff Hardware Architect you will directly report to the Hardware Engineering Sr. Manager, working on projects that shape the hardware underpinning ServiceNow’s global cloud. The server and storage solutions you design will power all of our services, from large-scale application and database server deployments to specialty services such as machine learning.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive hardware enhancements from original concept through final implementation across all system architectures and assess impact to performance and capacity.
- Evaluate and test new products, frequently prior to general availability, identifying root cause issues through testing and making sound recommendations to resolve issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new software platform enhancements on the hardware stack.
- Identify novel hardware/software technologies and architectures and benchmark potential changes to prove your theories.
- Serve as top-tier escalation for complex hardware issues.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years evaluating, cost-modeling and implementing new datacenter technologies. This includes managing multi-vendor RFP’s.
- 10+ years profiling and evaluating Linux and database performance.
- 5+ years experience with diverse HA storage solutions (SAN, FC, iSCSI). Experience with NVMeoF and/or Object desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects.
- Excellent communication & customer skills, conflict management, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Bachelor or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field. Masters preferred.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.