Staff Linux Systems Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
As a key member of the Self Host Operation Team you will be assisting our self-hosted customers to troubleshoot their system, database, and infrastructure-related problems. In this challenging role you will ensure the availability and reliability of the ServiceNow applications running within our customer self-hosted environments. You will also work closely with engineers and developers in Cloud Operations and across the company.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The ideal candidate will have expert-level skills with Linux / Unix with RedHat certification stongly preferred.
In addition you should have a strong background in systems or database administration and engineering, understanding of the components of cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- RedHat certification strongly preferred
- Several year’s experience with MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle or similar technologies; proficiency preferred
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting in a production environment covering web front-end, Tomcat application servers, Systems, Databases and Networks.
- Experience with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing. F5 and Apache/NGINX experience is ideal.
- Experience with performance and availability monitoring, analysis, and configuration management platforms (e.g. Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Ansible, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.