Staff Product Security Engineer at Flexport (Bellevue, WA)
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Product Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As a Product Security Engineer, you have a deep understanding of product development and strategy, and are able to quickly identify and communicate security risks to diverse audiences while offering alternative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong relationships with product managers and champion security by design.
- Lead security engineering review for new product features and enhancements.
- Engage in domain-specific threat modeling and attack surface analysis/reduction
- Develop security services consumed by product teams across our global infrastructure.
- Evangelize security across the product and engineering organizations.
- Collaborate with internal product and engineering stakeholders on addressing systemic security issues.
- Define Security Architecture for Flexport products and services, and assist with the planning and implementation of risk mitigating security solutions
- Partner with Security PMO to drive the security champions and product security training programs.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to conceive security strategies and features that will help keep Flexport’s customer data safe.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of security engineering experience supporting product development and engineering teams in a fast-paced global environment.
- 4+ years of software development experience building security tools in languages such as Go, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools
- Identity management and identity federation (SAML, Oauth, SCIM, XACML)
- Experience performing code audits on internal and open source libraries for inclusion in our products.
- Experience with IaaS cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, containers, and service-oriented architectures.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to connect with empathy when delivering constructive feedback regarding security matters to engineers and product designers.
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Chicago and Bellevue. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.