This position reports to: Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow is looking for help to modernize our server configuration management pipeline using Puppet integrated with the ServiceNow platform and the many services in our global cloud environment. We’re looking for a ServiceNow and developer who can help craft complementary applications on the ServiceNow platform to integrate with our cloud management tools.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop on the ServiceNow platform to create a configuration management pipeline that is safe, fast, and observable.
- Create orchestration tools to manage a large-scale hybrid cloud of bare metal and VMs.
- Work as part of a team that writes, reviews, and deploys everything as code.
- Write test plans and test automation for declarative infrastructure in multiple cloud environments.
- Integrate with new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- Has exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Has a strong understanding of relational database principles—queries, security, data types, and performance.
- Understands Linux servers and their components, including networking, storage, and software packaging.
- Can document and communicate software architecture.
- Is comfortable with their ability to design, write and debug code in a team setting. You should also have experience writing test specifications and understand the fundamentals of test automation.
- Has experience with a variety of open-source tools used in the operation of a production computing environment.
- Can figure things out – you’ll be working with a wide variety of systems technologies. There is plenty of help, but to be successful you will need to be capable of digging deep into internals of DevOps tools.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere that is remote-friendly for the right candidate. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.