Staff Software Engineer – SNC Provisioning at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform group building Cloud Infrastructure Services and APIs to manage the full lifecycle of application and database code. Performance, reliability, scalability, and high availability are always at the core of our work.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and systems quickly
- Experience working at a software company 4+ years and/or 5+ years experience working as a software developer
- Comfortable using both compiled and interpreted languages
- Advance -Expert level understanding of Centos and installing/maintaining services.
- Demonstrated success working independently and as a team to complete complex projects, on time
- Experience developing, building, and maintaining a platform for a large-scale Enterprise Application with 10,000+ physical hosts
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, and various intermittent failures across the stack
- Ability to deal with interruptions and adapt to changing priorities within the team.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Familiarity with a Linux command prompt for both administration and shell scripting
- Expertise with source control systems and tools such as git and maven
- Extensive Experience with Azure Storage
- Experience working in an DevOps environment
- Experience working in an internal customer focused environment
- Loves database technologies with experience developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing relational databases including Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQLServer, as well as time series database technologies.
- Familiarity with Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, VirtualBox, and RubyMine are a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure) are a plus
- Already adjudicated or willing to be adjudicated
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.