Staff Software Engineer at ServiceNow
Job title:: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Kirkland, WA, USA or Santa Clara, CA, USA (Jay Street)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- We're looking for experienced, passionate, driven senior engineers who can help us build scalable and reliable cloud computing solutions to support the rapid growth of our SaaS products. As a Staff Engineer, you will work on solving tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy scalable Cloud Computing solutions as part of the Cloud Development team.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in professional software development and software architecture
- 3+ years’ experience in SaaS and/or Cloud Infrastructure development
- Strong foundation in distributed systems with proven experience designing and architecting Systems
- Strong experience building products and frameworks
- Excellent skill and experience in object-oriented design and programming
- Deep understanding of database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, distributed databases)
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Strong design & coding skills in Java with emphasis on writing modular, scalable server-side components
- Experience with version control (preferably Git) and code inspection systems
- Excellent technical design, problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to develop, test, and deploy a production-ready application
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to new technologies like Containers, Machine Learning or Big Data will be an advantage
- S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experiences
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.