Job Title: Staff Software Engineer- Cloud Platform
Primary Location: Kirkland, WA, USA or San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Sr. Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a Staff Software Engineer, to join our rapidly growing team, building highly scalable cloud services. The team is looking for a passionate senior developer/technical leader, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. In this role, you will be a key member of a strong team of engineers working on some of the company’s core applications.
You will focus on improving the performance, scalability and reliability of software and infrastructure that support thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across thousands of server farms globally distributed across the world. Working in an agile team, you will be responsible for identifying and solving issues and enhancements with the end goal of providing a better experience for our customers.
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience developing and operating enterprise scale, production, web application software and infrastructure
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, REST, AJAX, XML
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like Perl, Python and bash)
- Strong understanding of relational database principles – queries, security, data types
- Knowledge of cloud architectural components and distributed computing
- self-starter with an aptitude and hunger for learning new technologies
- 7+ years of development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in SW Engineering or equivalent.
The following, while not essential, are a plus:
- Familiar with agile software development lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, MySQL, Apache/Tomcat, MariaDB
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Elk, and Xymon
- ServiceNow Platform Experience
- Working experience with quality testing frameworks and tools using Java, Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and more
- Experience with AWS or Azure deployments and support
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.