Staff Systems Engineer at ServiceNow
Staff Systems Engineer
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication. Only US Citizen will be considered.
This position reports to: Director, Systems Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow is looking for help to architect and build the server infrastructure and core services that allow our SaaS platform to run at scale and with high availability. We’re looking for a skilled systems developer who can help craft the technology and processes needed to sustain ServiceNow’s growth while gaining valuable experience in modern systems and software development.
What you get to do in this role:
- Write and maintain software-defined declarative infrastructure, at scale.
- Develop systems, web services, and automation tools that are thoroughly specified, documented, and testable.
- Build orchestration workflows by leveraging features of the ServiceNow platform.
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Manage large scale infrastructure with code.
- Collaborate with peer teams who have built world class networking and orchestration solutions.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- 10+ years experience in systems engineering.
- Can figure things out. You will have documentation and many peers to turn to for help, but your work will touch many interconnected systems and technologies - too many to rely solely on the knowledge of others. To succeed you will need to investigate and discover on your own.
- Is very comfortable building and maintaining Linux-based systems through automated tooling such as (but not limited to) Terraform, Cobbler, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Is familiar with virtualization using both public and private cloud infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, VMware vSphere, etc.
- Enjoys designing, authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Python, Go, Java, or Ruby. You should also have experience writing test specifications and understand the fundamentals of test automation.
- Has a working understanding of related infrastructure concepts such as IP networking, block and file storage, load-balancers, etc.
- Has a working understanding of related internet protocols such as DNS, LDAP, NTP, SMTP, HTTP, etc.
- Is an excellent oral and written communicator
- Has integrity, honesty and can uphold ServiceNow’s values
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.