Staff Systems Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This position reports to: Director, Systems Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow is looking for help to architect and build the server infrastructure and core services that allow our SaaS platform to run at scale and with high availability. We're looking for a skilled systems developer who can help craft the technology and processes needed to sustain ServiceNow's growth while gaining valuable experience in modern systems and software development.
What you get to do in this role:
- Write and maintain software-defined declarative infrastructure, at scale.
- Develop systems, web services, and automation tools that are thoroughly specified, documented, and testable.
- Build orchestration workflows by leveraging features of the ServiceNow platform.
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Manage large scale infrastructure with code.
- Collaborate with peer teams who have built world class networking and orchestration solutions.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Can figure things out. You will have documentation and many peers to turn to for help, but your work will touch many interconnected systems and technologies - too many to rely solely on the knowledge of others. To succeed you will need to investigate and discover on your own.
- s very comfortable building and maintaining Linux-based systems through automated tooling such as (but not limited to) Terraform, Cobbler, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Is familiar with virtualization using both public and private cloud infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, VMware vSphere, etc.
- Enjoys designing, authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Python, Go, Java, or Ruby. You should also have experience writing test specifications and understand the fundamentals of test automation.
- Has a working understanding of related infrastructure concepts such as IP networking, block and file storage, load-balancers, etc.
- Has a working understanding of related internet protocols such as DNS, LDAP, NTP, SMTP, HTTP, etc.
- Is an excellent oral and written communicator
- Has integrity, honesty and can uphold ServiceNow's values
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.