Staff Virtualization Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Be part of a fast-growing team.
The ServiceNow Senior Capacity Planning Engineer's primary responsibility will be to work with the Infrastructure Capacity Management Team to develop automated data collection, reporting, and modeling for key initiatives. We are looking for someone to drive faster operational readiness, reducing failure scenarios and probability, and increasing capacity while reducing cost per capacity unit. The role will become a key subject matter expert in contributing to ServiceNow's annual Infrastructure Capacity budget and long-range planning.
What you get to do in this role:
- Assist with architectural decisions for customer facing product development and provide regular inputs into future strategy and roadmap for the Virtual Infrastructure
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Effectively guarantee the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Check and examine application performance for potential bottlenecks, name possible solutions, and operate with developers to apply those fixes
- Perform day-to-day applications' maintenance; investigate and resolve incidents and/or change tickets for supported applications.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Help development team institute and understand best practices
- Participate and lead outage response for conditions related to application service delivery and its components.
- Remain current and learn new emerging technologies in information technology, and implement innovative solutions.
- Work together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Support and expand the private, public and hybrid cloud presence
- Empower Virtualization Infrastructure by optimizing the VMWare vRealize Suite of tools
- Drive mature elastic capacity management of ESX hosts
- Work with business owners to continue development and sizing of VMware infrastructure based on business need
To be successful in this role you have:
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in an analytical role
- Comfortable working with CentOS or equivalent OS
- Strong critical thinking and analytical reporting skills
- A rich knowledge of both ITIL and ITSM disciplines is required
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of scaled infrastructure services spanning servers, storage, network, security and cloud
- Experience working with ServiceNow is a plus
- Strong experience in VMware VROPs as well as experience with Tableau, Splunk, Elk
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.