Strategy Director - CTO at Discovery Digital Media
This role reports to the CTO Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and works with the CTO and senior executives across the company to:
Assist the CTO in setting priorities and defining and articulating global technology strategy.
Define and deliver the global strategic project pipeline.
Support other functions and global teams, where required, in the development of strategic initiatives.
Partner with finance in operational budget and headcount management process.
Partner with recruiting in establishing global priorities and creating a recruiting strategy.
In order to meet these objectives, the Strategy Director will be expected to
Author documents and presentations articulating global technology strategy and share with global stakeholders
Manage multiple projects that cut across all DTC businesses from start to finish at any point in time
Ensure transfer of best practices within the global technology teams
Work closely with various DTC businesses to understand their strategy and align it with global technology strategy
Assist CTO in Setting Priorities for the Team and Defining and Articulating Global Technology Strategy
1. Work directly with the CTO in setting priorities and translating them into specific projects
2. Develop executive presentations and communicate strategy to different stakeholders
3. Serve as a key point of contact with global business leaders and GMs worldwide
Manage Multiple Projects and Resource allocation
1. Manage multiple projects from start to finish at any given point in time
2. Responsible for managing research and market analysis; strategy development and planning; financial and investment analysis and implementation planning
3. Work closely with other corporate departments to ensure alignment
4. Manage Strategy Analysts, ensure appropriate distribution of work from both an efficiency and personal development perspective and ensure each team member has access to the most relevant information
Develop and Share Best Practices
1. Build industry and functional expertise that other members of the group can draw on
2. Ensure that information and best practices are properly communicated to, and shared with broader technology team and other internal stakeholders
3. Facilitate sharing of information and best practices between DTC team and other divisions within the company
Manage Budget for DTC Technology organization
1. Work with finance to develop models to forecast fixed and variable operational costs
2. Work with relevant internal organizations to forecast technology operational costs such as content processing and delivery via Cloud and CDNs
3. Work with Discovery Technology Leadership Team to allocate budget
* MBA preferred
* Experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or equivalent experience at a leading media company
* Excellent project management and networking/interpersonal skills, ability to draw resources from and feed back to a wide group in different parts of the organization.
* Strong analytical and influencing skills, including research and strategic insight as well as financial analysis.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Team player and confident to be a key advisor for the senior management
* Ability to work within a matrix organisation and adapt to change
* Experience working internationally a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.