Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is seeking an SVP, Engineering to lead the Product Engineering, Platform Engineering, Architecture, and Security Engineering teams. As SVP, you will pair your extensive leadership skills with your knowledge of cloud infrastructure and software development to drive an organization dedicated to highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative solutions for Auth0’s products and services. You will be passionate about unifying our Engineering capabilities in a coordinated way across the organization that ultimately simplifies our mission- to enable easy and secure access to any application.
What You Will Do:
At the highest level, the role requires a good understanding of emerging technologies in the Cloud and Identity landscape so that you can deliver on a multi-year technology roadmap that supports the company and product plans. To do this well, you will be required to manage multiple priorities across different horizons and ensure that the organization is executing with a high degree of predictability.
To support the company and product ambitions, you will set a vision and create a transparent strategy that inspires and motivates the talented engineering organization that has a wide variety of experience, backgrounds and perspectives. You will take an active leadership role in building the ongoing technical strategies of Auth0, managing a seasoned team of technology leaders and continuously attract new talent to the organization. This role will work backwards from customer needs and partner with senior leaders in the Product Delivery organization as well as the GTM organization to co-develop new services and product lines.
In a hyper growth environment you will remain the constant, setting the standards of our Engineering organization, and ensuring that reliability, scalability and trust are at the forefront and back-end of each of our decisions and execution. This role will require you to apply systems thinking to problems regularly and push you to be decisive about technology choices and solutions. You will be curious and leverage data to help identify key areas of opportunity, growth and blockers.
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the US, UK, Spain or Canada.
- Manage and inspire teams:
- Identify key skills and capabilities needed to assess team strengths and weaknesses.
- Partner with People team to recruit and retain top-tier talent.
- Organize the department and teams to support each Auth0 product.
- Develop engineers to increase productivity.
- Communicate effectively up, down, and laterally to ensure alignment of work. Be excellent at enabling asynchronous work.
- Provide purpose, context, and direction to members of the Engineering team.
- Advocate for predictability and continuous learning:
- Ensure the realization of the product roadmap through excellence in execution.
- Create a framework to accurately size and estimate deliverables to arrive at internal & external delivery commitments.
- Organize teams and resources to deliver the product roadmap.
- Enable "rapid response " surge capacity to address time-sensitive needs without compromising the roadmap.
- Design workflows that incorporate interdependencies between functional areas.
- Establish playbooks to drive process and consistent outcomes for repeated tasks.
- Proactively mitigate risk by identifying and controlling internal and external risk factors.
- Supervise work to continuously iterate and improve.
- Conduct effective Post Project Reviews to instill effective team learning habits.
- Bring technical Leadership:
- Develop the technical strategy with the CPO, CTO, VP Product, CA, VPs of Engineering.
- Build and maintain the technical roadmap.
- Define and oversee consistent adoption of software development instrumentation and standards across the Engineering team.
- Balance long-term R&D investments with near-term execution.
- Monitor and ensure performance, availability and reliability of internal components and Auth0 to meet & exceed customer SLAs.
- Represent Auth0 at relevant technical conferences and speaking engagements with customers.
- Build strategies and frameworks:
- Serve as part of the senior staff responsible for company and product strategy.
- Build strong relationships across disciplines e.g. Sales, Product Management, Finance, etc.
- Provide a voice for the engineering team to influence Auth0’s vision and priorities.
- Embrace financial planning:
- Work with finance to develop a bottoms up budget.
- Align compensation and incentives with desired behaviors.
- Responsible for headcount, consulting, prototyping, patents, IP, software, equipment, travel and entertainment, and professional development costs.
You May Be a Fit for This Role If You:
- Have 15+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design.
- Bring 8+ years of technology leadership focused on SaaS/identity/ Security.
- Have 5+ years of experience leading and managing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
- Bring Experience and deep commitment for building and engaging with remote teams.
- Have a track record of building a highly engaged Engineering culture.
- Have the ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Continuously raise the bar for quality, in everything you do - from recruiting, hiring, onboarding, decisions, communications, presentations etc.
- Enjoy spending time with customers - whether it’s with field teams on pre-sales engagements or working through our account teams to address customer issues.
- Have a track record of building engineering excellence and a brand that attracts talent to the organization.
- Have built new, diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills, with comfort in blogging, establishing our brand internally and externally.
- Are comfortable with travel at least once a quarter to meet with teams in person for offsites (US and International).
- Have prior experience in a fast-paced and high-growth SaaS company.
- Live in the United States, United Kingdom, Spain or Canada.
- #US; #UK; #ES; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.