At SkyKick, you’ll quickly discover the intersection where passion meets impact. Whether you’re located in our Seattle headquarters or in one of our four global offices, every individual is valued and part of the SkyKick family.
About the Role:
We are looking for people passionate about cloud computing, design patterns, security and helping their team make the best products in the world. SkyKick Architects should be able to see multiple approaches to every complex problem and be able to easily explain the differences in approach to team members and help them to select the best option.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing a large complex suite of products with multiple development teams. Ideally your time will be split 50/50 between working with other developers to define and clarify the best approach to solving a problem and hands on development of features within the product to help keep the team working at a high velocity.
- You will be responsible for guiding a team of developers on best design strategies and mentoring them on best practices on evolving our code base.
- You will code complex features and helping to drive the overall structure of the code.
- You will be working with the CTO and Chief Architect to understand the vision and approach we want to standardize on and ensuring the team is working towards those goals by doing design kickoff meetings, code reviews and hands on development of features.
- You will be working with your peer architects to ensure a common and standard approach to development is maintained across the entire engineering organization.
- You maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and provide leadership in evolving our platform both in features and technologies.
- BS degree in CS/EE, Math or related degrees
- 8+ years of experience, with 2+ years in an architecture role while still hands on developing complex business applications in .NET Environment
- Solid understanding of OO design, and ability to refactor existing applications into better designs to improve long term usability
- Deep knowledge of .NET Framework and C# (Generics, Task Parallel Library, TheadPool, LINQ, Async)
- Experience with Azure Platform
- Passion for following emerging technologies and ability to see the value/risk of adopting new technologies
- Experience building public or private APIs
- Experience leading a diverse team of developers and leadership skills to unite a team around a common vision
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to work in a team environment
- “I will do whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies (Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365)
- Experience integrating software using API and RESTful Services
Who we are:
We’re on a mission to help IT partners be more successful in the cloud, and we’re just getting started. Our products are 100% partner channel focused and have helped over 20,000 global partners build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to migrate, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud.
SkyKick has fantastic benefits and perks, but at the end of the day, we are here for the opportunity to grow, learn, and affect the industry with incredible creativity. Apply today and find out more about what you can expect from a career at SkyKick!
SkyKick is an Equal Opportunity Employer