Systems Engineer, Identity Systems (Okta) at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 9, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Systems Engineer on the IT Systems team of Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup who has a modern technology stack. You are an expert at manipulating cloud services such as Okta, Google Workspace, Slack and Zoom to craft unified solutions for our workers.
- Identify opportunities for application implementation, redesign, or process improvement - focused on Okta
- Provide technical leadership and management over the IT systems which you have ownership and/or subject matter expertise.
- Build a strong technical culture around our business systems that emphasizes technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences
- Participate in change management and incident response procedures including being on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Drive adoptions of Single Sign On & Provisioning across all applications in use by the organization
- Provide integrations between our Cloud System catalog.
- Maintain cloud systems standards across our catalog of applications
- Write scripts / cookbooks / glue that automate tasks across application
- Work as the escalation point between various support teams for issues on the cloud systems
- Drive cloud systems security model and best practices in an enterprise environment
- Manage transition plans for major upgrades or patches
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems
We're looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in IT
- A minimum 3 years of experience managing a Workday mastered Okta deployment with at least 1000 workers.
- Deep subject matter expertise with at least 3 of the following systems/applications: G Suite, Jamf, InTune, Cisco Meraki, Office 365, Azure AD, Zoom, Slack, Jira, AWS, Boomi, Workday
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex systems to non-technical stakeholders.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!