Systems Engineer (Kubernetes)
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The Auth0 Engineering Operations team owns the availability of the Auth0 service we are looking for expert engineers with applied Kubernetes expertise who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value.
We maintain Infrastructure, Deployments, Observability functions for the core Auth0 identity service that processes over 1.5bn logins for customers around globe.
You would be a good fit for this role if you have:
- Expert proficiency in building and maintaining distributed applications
- Familiarity with development of cloud-native applications
- 4+ years software development experience
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, or Java
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture and best practices
- Experience designing fault tolerant systems
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Demonstrated knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt)
- Knowledge of infrastructure provisioner tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer)
- Expert knowledge of system monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, Prometheus)
Also useful if you have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals
- Working knowledge of at least one database system such as MySQL,PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Well versed in Kubernetes security best practices
- Familiarity with Blue/Green deployments on Kubernetes systems
- Be aware of the best practices when creating Docker images
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description