Technical Curriculum Developer at ServiceNow (Remote)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create and develop technical course content (across multiple products) at a variety of skills levels and personas in instructor-led course, digital (eLearning), simulator environments and/or videos.
- Working as an experienced Curriculum Developer, you will be part of a team that ensures the success of new and existing courseware.
- Familiarize yourself and become a subject-matter expert (SME) for several products and stay up-to-date on release changes by participating in pre-release knowledge sessions and stakeholder workshops.
- Complete course updates for existing content for every release by completing detailed analysis of delta changes, edits, template updates, and the use of graphics and iconography.
- Update class instances and set-up data packages of ServiceNow for each release.
- Perform and manage QA and feedback of content, including technical labs and simulator tasks.
- Be a valuable team player that interacts with the technical project coordinator, Instructors, and cross-functional work teams, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts to develop course specifications and gather course content.
- Create certification exam materials, including scenarios, multiple-choice, and other item formats for use in testing knowledge.
- Travel up to 20% (worldwide) per year.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 2-5 years previous technical training/eLearning/instructional design experience.
- 2-5 years hands-on experience implementing or has participated as an implementation team member for a ServiceNow installation.
- Worked as a successful field consultant in collaboration with partners and customers.
- Experience in Agile or rapid development and quick turnaround of training deliverables.
- Develops and uses graphics, templates, and icons throughout instructional design work.
- Operates with a high performance, Growth-Mindset attitude that results in flexibility, creativity, and wiliness to work independently by displaying dependability and accountability of meeting deadlines and contributing to problem solving.
- Incorporates measurement and assessments into all learning content.
- Constructs quality content for technical training based on industry design standards, processes, and incorporating user and stakeholder feedback.
- Produces artifacts throughout the design process for each course or certification assessment project (Examples include - scoping training request documentation, storyboards, project plans, sprints, scripts, eBooks, course outlines, data sheets and marketing copy.)
- Utilizes effective project management techniques to organize training projects and to ensure quality.
- Communicates to stakeholders and team members with articulate and detailed presentations and ability to effectively lead productive meetings.
- Proven experience in a technical training/instructional design environment required.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eLearning technologies, such as authoring tools (e.g. Articulate 360, Captivate) and design/development tools (e.g., SnagIt, Camtasia, ScreenFlow).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and web conferencing applications.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .