Technical Lead, Fraud Risk Systems
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to help us build an industry leading fraud prevention program. In this role, you’ll manage an engineering team focused on a broad set of initiatives to combat fraud, while creating a seamless customer experience in the process.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- You’ll be part of, and oversee an early-stage team of experienced developers.
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure.
- Our team is resourced and focused on identifying and building new systems from the ground up to address fraud risk, which is a core part of Remitly’s strategy.
- We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen.
Some examples of things you’ll work on:
- Build and adapt Graph Database network analysis system to find bad actors with related accounts
- Investigation tools used by our global workforce to review transactions
- Researching and deploying new technologies to improve up-time and reduce latency
- Machine-learning infrastructure used to train and deploy models
What do we need from you?
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience with at least 1 year leading teams
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team spanning multiple disciples from web application development to data engineering and machine learning
- A deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.