Technical Lead, Real-Time Systems
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of bleeding-edge machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, Flipkart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company comprised of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- The Real-Time team at Amperity focuses on taking the best of our batch-oriented architecture and extending it to real-time use cases for our customers. Think sub-100ms APIs, strategically located data centers, caching, 24x7 availability, and integration with our powerful but comparatively slow digital elephants who eat datasets on the order of hundreds of gigabytes. If you’re spinning up an ad-hoc job in Kubernetes, it’s already too late!
- You have built systems with real-time streaming or message queue technologies like Kafka, Storm, RabbitMQ, coupled with low-latency data stores like Redis or Riak
- With your eye to performance, you know the strengths and pitfalls of the above, when to recommend real-time tools and how to build your own if needed
- As a team leader for an always-on service, you have been on the other side of the “red phone”, and know the best ways to keep it from ringing
- You have experience building and evolving robust, standards-oriented APIs for consumption by a wide range of customers and their needs
- You are open-minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools, such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- Cloud-first automation, including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Neural nets, random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Please see below to apply directly or contact [email protected] for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.