Valant is the technology leader in the behavioral health industry serving both private practices and publicly-funded health & human services agencies. Thousands of organizations across all 50 states rely on Valant’s outcomes-based, cloud solutions to tame complexity, decrease costs and manage ever-changing compliance requirements.
Our mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the availability of high-quality healthcare for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
Valant is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to work on our Private Practice Suite engineering team. The primary mission of this team is to create a highly configurable, user-friendly platform for behavioral health care practices, agencies, and clinicians to streamline administration and improve clinical outcomes
What You’ll Do
- Use proven software testing methodologies and tools to help find software defects early in the software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain reliable and efficient automated test suites.
- Provide guidance to what kinds of tests lend themselves to automation and what techniques can be used to verify expected results reliably.
- Drive and investigate test failures and quickly discern product defects from test defects.
- Write succinct bug reports with enough detail to enable correct prioritization and rapid resolution.
- identify testability issues with product requirements/features and provide useful feedback for making those features more testable.
- Work with, learn from and take direction from product vision owners, other team members, and domain experts while providing good technical assessment and input.
- Raise concerns or road blocks as you encounter them and offer suggestions and solutions to overcome them.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years practical experience in functional software testing in a continuous integration software development environment including: reviewing product requirements, defining test strategies, designing test cases, executing test runs, investigating test failures, and reporting test defects.
- 4+ years using defect tracking and reporting tools such Jira, VSTS, etc.
- 3+ years using C# and test automation tools such as Selenium, Coded UI, etc to create/maintain automated test suites.
- 3+ years using CI automation tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, VSTS. (bonus) Working knowledge of BDD and supporting tools such as Cucumber.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude even when faced with challenging technical issues and complex requirements.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in an agile, dynamic business environment. Are able to work independently and make decisions that are best for the team and business objectives
- Are able to prioritize the success of the company/team over individual needs.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (with bonus plan), including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- 401k and Company Stock Options
- Tax Saving FSA Plans
- Company-paid ORCA Pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location.
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology.