We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Our Expedia Flights team is building experiences that help travelers like you go places and makes our world more connected. Ours is a distributed team with representation in the United States, Mexico, Australia and India. Our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and ebookers. Expedia redefined the airline industry with its flight shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. And now we are rallying behind the core product once again as we seek to being a one stop shop platform, that travelers choose to explore and book flights for a trip.
What you’ll do:
- Build next-generation travel web applications with a focus on scalable and reliable services, responsive user interfaces, and personalization
- Adept at maintaining cross-browser compatibility and resolving performance issues.
- Prototype experimental features using AB testing approac in a rapid way
- Collaborate with product leads, UX designers, information architects, and back-end engineers
- Enthusiastically look for ways to make our customers' experiences better
- Advocate for engineering excellenc, excellent usability, and exceptional quality
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
Who you are-You’ll fit if you have:
- Demonstrated ability in front-end software development
- Strong command of web standards, progressive enhancement, and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience building consumer-facing sites
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices & techniques
- Shown design and UX sensibilities coupled with strong programming logic
- Experience in React and PWA is a big plus
- Previous experience with a server-side scripting language (Ruby, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of client-side performance and how to improve it
- Ability to write clean, systematic code and follow established coding conventions
- Experience at other dynamic Internet companies, especially Travel companies, is a huge plus
- Bachelor, or Masters, of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.