UI Graphics Tools Engineer, Shader Graph Team at Unity Technologies
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to design and implement real-time rendering algorithms that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and hone new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to work on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by her creativity to fulfill her vision! That is the world we at Unity strive to create and we need your help. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without the repetitious drudgery.
As a Graphics Tools Engineer on the Shader Graph team, you will help build great workflows for shader authoring in Unity, including artist-facing interactive tools, and engineer-facing APIs. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them and empower millions of Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, Sherman, the Book of the Dead, The Boat Attack, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from Unite Copenhagen 2019, GDC 2019, E3 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018, Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing, Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline, Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph, Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph, and so much more! Unity graphics team are also frequent speakers at SIGGRAPH Advances in Real-Time Rendering and Open Problems in Real-Time Rendering yearly courses.
Stay tuned for even more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
- Work closely with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive shader authoring workflows in Unity
- Invent and extend features and tools within Shader Graph
- Build and maintain production quality code for rendering, tools, and testing
- Write user facing documentation for public facing workflows and APIs
- Familiarity with real-time computer graphics and GPU pipelines
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in C# or C++
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience developing rendering algorithms on modern console architectures or mobile platforms and/or PC
- Experience in AAA game development as a graphics programmer or tools developer
- Familiarity with low-level graphics APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/equivalent)
- Cross platform development experience
- Experience with data-driven design, and strong software architecture skills
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.