At Qumulo, we have built a modern, highly scalable distributed file system that run in both data centers and the public cloud. We help our customers cure cancer, create visual effects for hit movies and TV shows, and discover new energy reserves. Part of the foundation of Qumulo’s success is a great user experience that redefines ease-of-use, and that's why we are looking for an accomplished UI Software Engineer to join our engineering team to help define and create the user interface.
As a Qumulo Member of Technical Staff specializing in UI, you will work closely with UX designers and fellow MTSes to design, implement, and test UI code.About the CompanyAbout the Company
Data is the lifeblood of today’s businesses. Data represents our knowledge, our creativity, our hard work. Enterprises need their data to scale across the boundaries of traditional data storage to be scalable, manageable, and accessible anywhere and anytime it's needed.
Qumulo offers a scalable file system that runs in the data center and in the public cloud. Founded in 2012 by people who believe that enterprises should be able to seamlessly see, manage, and share their data, Qumulo was built for real customer needs and with the future in mind. Qumulo software and customer support will forever change quality standards in the data storage marketplace.
What you will do
For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
- Shape the technical direction of Qumulo UI stack and implementation
- Integrate with Qumulo teams to create a beautiful UI that reinforces Qumulo’s simple to use, delightful, goal-oriented UX using Lean UX practices of think, make, check
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to deliver user-facing products
- Design front-end systems that are testable and maintainable
- Share and teach what good front-end code looks like
- At least two of the following:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, and cross-browser compatibility
- Passionate about creating a great user experience by working with UX Designers and directly with customers
- Curious about new technologies and methodologies, and a track record for integrating new technologies into a product
- Clear understanding of testing methodologies and the trade-offs between different types of tests
- Comfort with or interest in Agile development mindset and test driven development
- Experience with React, Redux, TypeScript, and/or D3.js is a plus
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening