UX/UI Engineer II
Join us as a UI/UX Engineer II as we grow Avalara’s flagship product – AvaTax – to become part of every transaction in the world!
We need a talented UI Engineer to join us. Is that you?
You’re passionate about the web and all things front-end. You embrace creative thinking and are excited to further Avalara’s position as the technology leader in the business tax space. You will also have excellent cross-functional interaction and communication skills, a real passion for innovative web-based technologies (e.g. ServiceWorker), and a positive get-it-done attitude.
- Demonstrate high-quality software engineering practices
- Help make and articulate technical decisions
- Successfully lead engineering projects
- Mentor other developers
- Angular, Backbone, Ember, React, Riot or similar
- HTML and CSS expertise including Less, Sass or similar
- Gulp, Grunt, Ember CLI, Webpack or similar
- Node.js or a desire to learn
- SOA and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Excellent coding habits! It's a #NoHackZone
- AWS experience a plus
- Shared UI component development a big plus
- Advanced browser technologies like ServiceWorker, Web Push, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years shipping quality code
- Experience developing customer-facing web applications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.