Vice President, Enterprise Risk & Fraud
Vice President, Enterprise Risk & Fraud
Looking to join our exciting Enterprise Risk & Security team at Expedia Group, securing our company to continue to be at the forefront of travel technology? That is what we do within Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS). ERS is part of the eCommerce Platform (eCP) organization and our mission is to be best in class to detect and mitigate risk while allowing the business to innovate and grow. We are accountable for managing the risk on all transactions that flow through Expedia Group systems with gross bookings value exceeding $99B in 2018. You can be a part of this!
ERS seeks a Vice President, Enterprise Risk & Fraud. This role is accountable for setting the strategic direction for managing and minimizing financial risk to our partners and consumers across our brand websites, systems and cloud-based environments. People, technology, process and innovation are at the heart of our organization.
This role will be reporting into the SVP, Enterprise Risk & Security. This VP will provide functional leadership across technology, data science, product, and fraud operations for risk. This executive will make a measurable impact on the company’s bottom line ensuring that Expedia Group’s brand is protected, and our consumer experience is continually improved. This position will require personnel leadership and technical leadership, communication, collaboration and influencing skills.
What you’ll do:
- Provide world-class functional leadership across technology, data science, product and operations teams to enable the Risk roadmap to be realized
- Define the organizational objectives and key results for the Risk function for all of Expedia Group
- Lead and hold accountable those who are responsible for the achievement of the financial metrics for the organization
- Effectively communicate strategic vision
- Tactically link initiatives to the team, and manage the implementation of these initiatives to completion across all functional areas (tech, product, data science, operations)
- Articulate and scale between the performance (detail) and strategy of the Risk organization to senior leadership across Expedia Group
- Recruit, manage, coach, train, lead, and inspire a global team of dedicated professionals and fraud analysts
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across Expedia Group including organizations internal to ERS, and external groups such as partners within eCommerce Platform and other Brands beyond eCP
Who you are:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems required; Masters equivalent ideal
- 12+ years of experience leading global cross functional teams delivering business value in an eCommerce transactional environment
- 12+ years as a people leader
- Have built or transformed highly effective teams within a global enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional groups including technology, data analytics, program and product management
- Able to deep dive into the data and synthesize into actionable insights for the organization
- Experience interacting with, advising and influencing senior-level leaders, accomplished with presentations
- Strong people management skills and proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization, comfortable with people at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, polished interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and project leadership skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.