VP of Engineering at Karat
Our mission is to make every job interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps engineers find jobs that maximize their strengths and potential.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
As the industry transitions to virtual work in these unprecedented times, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a helpful, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.
Engineering at Karat
As the VP of Engineering at Karat, you will work on an exciting mission with a highly relatable product. You will lead an organization that is committed to materially improving how engineers are interviewed and how engineering organizations operate. As an Executive of our growing company, you will work closely with leaders and members of other teams, contribute to team culture and practices, and own the development of our engineering organization.
You will be the technical leader of a team working to build a high ROI solution that serves engineering leaders, hiring managers, and recruiting organizations. Your work will be the bridge between users and providing the backbone of our platform.
As our VP of Engineering you will:
- Build and scale a high-performance team through effective hiring, coaching, and development
- Drive engineering practices to increase velocity and productivity at scale
- Change how software organizations interview and hire engineers
- Develop goals, roadmaps, and delivery dates to help Karat scale quickly and sustainably
- Help prioritize, plan, and budget across engineering functions/operations as a member of the engineering leadership team
- Facilitate multidisciplinary projects involving engineering and other business units across Karat, including content development and solutions engineering
- Guide, shape, and support the corporate strategic vision and day-to-day operations as a member of Karat’s Core Leadership Team
- Serve as a senior technical ambassador in Karat's external engagements with the engineering community
The requirements for this role are:
- 15+ years of experience building and leading a growing engineering function, ideally for a SaaS platform
- Passion for building and innovating for world-class enterprise products that support a global client base
- Proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in cooperation with other functions including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Leadership
- Ability to apply both technical competence, business acumen and interpersonal skills to achieve high ROI for customers
- Experience in environments supporting and developing SaaS enterprise products for large and scaling client bases.
- Experience shipping several enterprise-level products
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.