VP of Engineering
- Build a passionate, high performing, distributed engineering team working on the cutting edge of AI and ML infrastructure
- Opportunity to scale out a world-class engineering organization in a fast growing startup in Seattle
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
We are seeking a VP of Engineering to take the reins in building and leading our world-class engineering organization. You will be critical in helping lead Algorithmia through the next phase of growth. You will experience unique visibility and growth opportunities that comes with joining the first startup funded by Google’s AI Fund. This team is expected to grow significantly, fast. A clear structure and strategy for promoting leaders as well as growing individual contributors is required.
You’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way everyone uses AI and ML. You will solve real problems in an exciting new area, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages you to follow your own interests as well. You will be welcomed into an intelligent, quirky, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond just salary, equity, and insurance benefits.
As a VP of Engineering at Algorithmia, you will:
- Work directly with VP of Product, CTO and others to deliver the product vision to our customers
- Build a passionate, high performing, distributed engineering team working on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
- Balance and prioritize short term needs with long term growth for the company
- Coach engineers and groom team leads
- Make sure we continuously deliver products to our customers at a high pace and quality.
- Leverage your experience and leadership to transform existing functions to drive consistency and efficiency through your strategies and management
- Balance a high quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth enterprise cloud business
- Drive a positive, inclusive, results oriented culture
And we might make the perfect match if you have:
- 10+ years experience as an engineering leader, preferably a combination of big and small company environments, having managed organizations of 25 people or more
- Experience in one or more of the following: built large-scale, automated distributed systems, configuration management, and CI/CD solutions
- Proven ability to generate decisions through data
- Are able to prioritize and execute on multiple projects with a passion for detail
- Highly collaborative, especially with the ability to work well with fellow executives and distributed stakeholders
- Deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Advanced degree preferred
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.