Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
About Discovery’s Direct-to-Consumer Technology Organization
Within Discovery there is a global organization working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment, building a platform to power experiences that enable Discovery’s content creators to tell better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the world. Our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite peoples’ curiosity to explore and understand the world.
Discovery's direct to consumer technology group operates like a well-funded start-up. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing an innovative global platform for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Eurosport, Food Network, HGTV, Motor Trend and Animal Planet.
About the Opportunity
The ideal candidate is an established leader of leaders, responsible for building, growing and managing a distributed team for Global QA as-a-Service. You are responsible for defining the mission of your team, inspiring and motivating your team to pursue that mission, and setting strategic goals for them to achieve in that pursuit. You have a balanced understanding of business and technical objectives and your guidance is sought out because your decisions drive the best outcomes for both. You own a set of key performance indicators important to the business, and drive outcomes for the business by setting goals against these metrics.
• Build, grow and lead distributed team of Software, QA, TPM engineers
• Own, define and execute on cross team strategic platform initiatives related to QA-aaS
• Develop and cultivate strong relationship with key stakeholders to drive the planning and execution of vital strategic and operational goals
• Passionate about building a culture of high product quality with strong focus on feature velocity without losing quality
• Strong experience in product and technology related to test automation frameworks, DevOps workflows, QA automation for frontend and backend services.
• Experience in building platform-based workflows, tools, process and automation to deliver QA-aaS offering
• Passionate about shift-left mindset to establish a methodology to improve product quality across various teams and services
• 10+ years relevant experience in architecture, design, deployment and operations of large-scale test automation services such as test case mgmt., test data mgmt., test execution, device farm, test metrics and analytics
• 8+ year’s experience working across multi-disciplinary global teams across client-side frontend and backend services. Familiarity with various clients such as iOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV, etc preferred.
• Successfully implemented and operated large scale test automation frameworks across test environments for high volume of concurrent test activities
• Strong data driven decision-making mindset with experience in establishing high bar for bug mgmt. and triage as it relates to releasing high quality products into production
• Deep understanding of key technologies such as TestRail, Cucumber, Appium, CICD build pipelines, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Prometheus, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud services.
• Sets benchmarks independent of, and beyond, organizational best practice, based on a clearly defined understanding of what is possible.
• Adopts a long-term perspective about the business and changing market needs
• You uphold and ensure security requirements for tooling, systems, and environments are met and protect the assets of the company and our customers
• You have experience in leading troubleshooting of system and performance problems in Prod/QA/Dev environments
• You have ability to identify improvements to reduce technical debt streamlining towards a global platform service
• You have the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams, as a leader, in a professional and polished manner
• Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality using good judgment and an exceptional sense of accountability
• High energy, strong team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]